Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Move to a New Room

On Friday Mom (was) moved to a different room in another wing at Parkview. The staff suggested she might benefit from a 'quieter' wing with less hubbub, fewer residents (=more attention), and not such frequently changing/rotating staff. There are about 8 or 9 residents who typically eat in the small common area at the end of the wing. There are a couple-three who eat out in the large dining room, I think. You can imagine how very glad I was to see a collection of my very favorite CNA's over the last couple of days! They have such a nice way with Mom.

As expected, the move itself was very hard on Mom. First of all, it was a change, which kind of tips her "over the edge". She was quite agitated and upset for a awhile. By yesterday evening, she was beginning to acclimate somewhat.

Mom's room has a nice big window that faces out the front of the building. I took some pictures of her room this evening. I asked if I could take a picture of her, too, but she said "not tonight"--she "didn't feel very picture-ish".

These pictures also show her new pink chair, and a doll that Mama found earlier today and was taking care of.

















The pictures go clockwise around the room, starting with the currently-unoccupied half of the room:

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iona and Linnet,
Well, I finally found you Iona!!!! it is good to see pictures of you so I can send you some of my Energy like I used to do. Remember the last massage session!!??? My touch could relax you and relieve any pain you had, for a bit. I will be sending you strong energy over the miles hoping that you are willing to accept it. With love and Light
Jill B. Jones (Mary's little sister)

Anonymous said...

Dear Iona & Linnet,
Your December blog was great as we got to see your new room and your new grandson, Iona. Now we will look forward to your February blog soon. It won't be long until your birthday, Iona, so stay well so you can enjoy it.
Lovingly, Paul & Patty